Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Weekly Weigh-In #20 (week of May 21-27)

I had another successful week by losing 0.6lbs. It's not much, but it's a loss and that's GREAT for me. I'm really, really glad I lost weight this week because even though I did really well Saturday through Monday, I ended up stress eating last night which led me to going way over my daily points+ allowance. For a moment, I was really ashamed of myself for allowing myself to eat my emotions. However, after reflecting about my actions last night and talking with some people, I realized that I made behavior changes including buying smaller sizes of the foods that are my weak points that I binged on last night. For example, I bought a small pack of Twizzlers Pull'n'Peel instead of a larger pack of them because I was craving them and knew I wouldn't be able to control myself if I bought a bigger pack of them. I certainly wished I had not eaten 11 points+ worth of Twizzlers Pull'n'Peel but they satisfied my craving and didn't make me blow through all of my weekly allowance points.

I'm also proud of myself for tracking every single food item that I ate last night despite going way over my daily points+ allowance. Since I don't get off of work until midnight, I ended up snacking around 1am which just so happened to be when the Weight Watchers website went down for maintenance. Instead of not bothering to point what I was eating entirely, I opted to write down the foods I ate last night that blew my points+ allowance but showed me how much I was eating so that I could stop before I ate too much. I think tracking is my biggest behavior change here.

With that being said, I'm really proud of myself for continuing to track so well. I'm currently on a 16-day streak of consistently tracking honestly every day. I've been keeping up with my tracking jar, adding two pebbles for every day that I track honestly and stay within my points+ allowance (or go over by 1 or 2 points, as long as I've worked out that day) and adding one pebble for every day that I track but go over my points+ allowance. I want to reward my behavior of tracking and I feel this is what's helping me achieve that goal.

I have a bit of a rocky week ahead of me -- which I'll talk about later -- but I still want to keep in my mind the goals I made for myself last week and work on achieving them this week...

  • T R A C K E V E R Y T H I N G
  • Check off my daily Good Health Guidelines (GHGs)
  • Add the fruits & veggies that I eat in a day to my WW tracker
  • Update my daily WW reminders on my phone
  • Only go over my daily points+ allowance two days instead of three

Obviously I didn't do very well with sticking to the last goal listed but it wasn't intentional. I did try VERY hard to only go over my daily points+ allowance by two days out of my long "weekends" instead of three days and I succeeded! I just didn't foresee Tuesday night -- the night before my weigh-in -- as being a problem.

As I mentioned, my upcoming week is going to be thrown off as I travel to upstate New York to visit family. I'll be away from home for three days but I want to plan to succeed by mapping out my week.

  • Thursday → away from home, I plan to eat the foods I take with me to my boyfriend's place and give myself a relaxing day as I'll definitely need one; if we happen to eat out for pizza, then I'll adjust my eating schedule accordingly
  • Friday → Greek yogurt in the morning and stop by the gym to get in my strength training & cardio work-out in before heading home to re-pack things to make the trip to upstate NY; consider making & taking a bowl of Old Fashion Oats oatmeal with me to NY as well as Greek yogurt so I have something for breakfast Saturday morning; take a packet of Wawa fat free salad dressing with me but otherwise stick to Power Foods (fruits & veggies) as much as possible
  • Saturday → try to get in walking/jogging work-out in the morning, if time & the area I'm in allows for it; otherwise focus on eating primarily Power Foods (fruits & veggies), even it's pre-packaged foods like pre-made salads (I like the ones at Wawa)
  • Sunday → hopefully back home, go to the gym in the morning to start adjusting to a morning routine for next week's change in my work schedule; complete work obligations and go to Food Lion as well as Walmart; do ALL THE LAUNDRY
  • Monday → if my body will wake up by 5:30am at the latest, go to the gym in the morning; otherwise take gym clothes to work and change into them before heading home in order to go to gym after dinner in the evening
  • Tuesday → same as Monday!
  • Wednesday → if I can get up in the morning to go the gym, plan to go to the gym; counseling meeting at 8:30am, Weight Watchers at 9:30am, and then spending some time with my mom; if I don't get to the gym in the morning, then make it a point to go in the afternoon!

Hopefully by Wednesday, the craziness of the week will slow down because I have five days off of work for my birthday! Then I'll just have to tackle trying to stay on plan for my birthday. I'm hoping Thursday and Friday won't be too bad, because I'll be in spots where I know what/how to eat and I'll easily be able to get in activity. Saturday (June 7th) might be a bit harder as I have plans to go to the beach but I'm getting way ahead of myself! I'll make plans for that hurdle next week. For now, I'll just stay focused on not letting myself get too stressed out about the idea of eating while traveling. It's something I need to learn to do for long-term success.

My Non-Scale Victory for the week would probably be all of the behavior changes I made this past week. This includes being able to lose 0.6lbs after eating pizza two days in a row and eating ice cream twice in one day. It's all about the tracking! I also learned that I can eat at Coldstone Creamery without blowing my daily points+ allowance, so I may make a special post about how to be successful and make good choices when eating at Coldstone.

No comments:

Post a Comment