Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Weekly Weigh-In #19 (week of May 14-20)

I had an incredibly successful week -- complete with 100% tracking honestly the whole week!! The result? I lost 3.4lbs this past week and 2.4lbs last week, bringing my total weight loss to 5.8lbs in two weeks. Overall I've lost 83.8lbs since I started my WW journey three years ago.

Currently I weigh 158.8lbs and I'm focusing on reaching 155lbs because I want to focus on losing in little steps. Hopefully this will help me to avoid becoming overwhelmed by the ~40lbs I still want/need to lose.

I really feel like the best thing that's working for me is the tracking challenge I have going, where I add a pebble or two for every day that I track. If I don't track anything for any reason on any day, then I have to completely empty the jar and start from scratch. For whatever reason, it's incredibly motivating for me to see my consistency of tracking in a visual way with the jar & pebbles.

In other news, I feel that I did a really good job on last week's goals. I'm starting to use My Fitness Pal (MFP) less & less these days because there's been some annoying bugs/issues with the iPhone app and website. I'd technically be okay if I stopped tracking on MFP because I'm really focusing on using WW 100% and keeping up with my Daily Fruits & Veggies Google doc. When I watch my intake of fruits then I typically eat fewer carbohydrates which is great.

As usual, here are my goals for this coming week (similar to last week):

  • T R A C K E V E R Y T H I N G
  • Check off my daily Good Health Guidelines (GHGs)
  • Add the fruits & veggies that I eat in a day to my WW tracker
  • Update my daily WW reminders on my phone
  • Only go over my daily points+ allowance two days instead of three*

*I'm adding my last goal in there because my "weekend" usually consists of 3-4 days -- Thursdays & Fridays (my days off) as well as Saturdays & Sundays (the weekend for most people). I've been dipping into my weekly 49 points+ on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday because those days just feel more relaxed for me which makes me feel like I can be more relaxed with my eating. However, if I can start cutting back to only going over my daily 26 WW points by one day, then I can completely eliminate going into my weekly 49 points+, only using them for special occasions. It's a little daunting to think that I won't use my weekly 49 points+ but I feel that's what will be the key to my success. In future, I may need to make an adjustment to this goal or idea to accommodate the fact that I work out 5-7 days every week and lead a fairly active lifestyle. But for now, I just want to focus on dipping into my weekly 49 points+ two days out of my weekend instead of three and not going over my daily points+ allowance by too much.

My NSV for this week is trying salads in a mason jar! I'm really pleased with how well these work and I look forward to experimenting with future salad creations. It's been such a great, helpful way for me to eat more vegetables every day without my hate for veggies growing every time.

No comments:

Post a Comment