Friday, May 16, 2014

Fitness Friday: Locker Organization!

Prior to October of last year, I had never actually had my own gym locker. Sure, I had belonged to gyms but I never needed to have a gym locker so I just never had one. However, since working at my current job, I've found that it's necessary to have one since my typical work day consists of me going to the gym before work and then showering in the ladies locker room right before heading to work. (In case you're wondering, I work at a university, so one of the perks is getting to use the gym on campus!)

When I got my locker though, I was very perplexed as to how I should or could organize it. At one point I even Googled ideas on how to organize my gym locker but unfortunately I didn't find many good ideas. I love being organized though and I love making sure I have back-ups of toiletries so I don't have to worry about when I'm going to run out of them (shampoo, conditioner, body wash, etc). So I figured I'd make a post about how I organize my locker as I had not seen this idea used before.

I keep quite a bit of items in my locker. In order to keep them all organized, I ended up buying... a shoe organizer! I got one for pretty cheap and cut it in half so it would fit on the right side of my locker, as you can see in the picture above. Ideally I wanted to get a shoe organizer with clear pockets so I could see what items were in each pockets but this works fine. The shoe organizer is only being held up by one hole instead of two, so I've thought about tying up the other whole to the hook in the locker that I have it currently hanging up from but I have yet to have any issues (I also make sure to keep lighter-weight items in the side that isn't hanging from the hook).

Items in the Shoe Organizer:

  • Hair brush
  • Tooth brush and toothpaste
  • Facial lotion
  • Eye glasses cleaner
  • Deodorant
  • Feminine products
  • Body Fragrances
  • Extra combs

All of that might not seem like not, but I assure you that it's a lot of items to keep in ones locker when it's not organized properly!

Additionally, in the bottom part of my locker, I keep flip-flops to wear around the locker room and showers as well as my handy shower tote that I bought at Bed, Bath, & Beyond which holds all of my items that I use in the shower. Sometimes I will also keep extra shampoo, conditioner, and/or body wash at the bottom of my locker when I'm running low on those items.

I don't keep a lot of items in the top part of my locker for the simple reason that I'm too far short to get any use out of something so high.

In the top part of my locker, I keep my hair dryer, body lotion, mouthwash (hidden behind the lotion), and two little containers that are stacked within themselves. I keep an extra pair of socks and flat socks (for when I wear flats) in one of those containers. Since I'm super forgetful, I also have back-up undergarments like I keep extra socks since I'm bound to forget them every once in awhile. They've come in handy more often than I'd like to admit!

So that's about all when it comes to my gym locker. I was admittedly very impressed with myself when I came up with the idea of using a shoe organizer to help organize the items in my locker. It's super helpful and I love having such an organized locker with all of my necessities for getting ready for the day ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment