Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Weekly Weigh-In [9/48]

This week had it's good days and bad days, as mentioned in my Weekend Wrap-Up post from Sunday afternoon. The bad days continued into Monday when we had a day off thanks to Snow Storm Titan. I have to admit that I didn't track honestly on Monday. Before the snow day, I had worked out for 14 days straight by going to the gym every single day. Most days were moderate to vigorous work-outs. I think the only days I gave myself a break with light work-outs were the Fridays I had my Scottish Country Dancing class. However that on its own can be a decent work-out.

So admittedly on Monday I gave myself a break from working out. The problem was that I gave myself a bit of a break from eating healthfully at the same time. I can't say that the day was horrible but I certainly wasn't honest with myself. Honestly, I wish I had learned a lesson as to how to distract myself from mindlessly on lazy snow days like Monday but I'm really drawing a blank on activities that require little-to-no effort. I simply did not want to do any housework, home work-outs, or anything that required too much physical effort because I wanted to give my body a day off.

If anything, I wish I had picked up one of my crocheting or loom knitting projects because that would have been a relaxing hobby to work on that doesn't require much physical movement. So I think that's my goal for the future if we happen to get any additional snow days. Although I'm sure I am not alone when I say that I hope Spring is on its way and that was the last of the snow that we see for awhile.

With all of that being said, I can say that I successfully do not know my weight this week! Huzzah! Despite my half-asleep, half-awake stupor this morning, I managed to tell the Weight Watchers receptionist that weighed me in this morning that I didn't want to know the number on the scale despite still wanting to get weighed in at the meeting. I'm hoping that after finding out how I did last week and seeing how much that destroyed the wonderful mindset I was starting to enjoy, that this week will be a new, fresh start. Two weeks ago when I made the decision to stop finding out the number on the scale, I felt that I had a much, much better mindset and that my focus had shifted for the better. I can only hope that this week can mirror that week's mindset & mood.

(Although, to be honest, I'm kind of a bit anxious to know how I did this week! This post is helping me improve my mood as a I type though, so I'm hoping it helps.)

I'm sort of at a loss of what to write for mini goals to work on this week. I don't have any weekend plans set that would throw me off plan. I will continue to track honestly on WW e-tools and My Fitness Pal. However, as I'm typing this and brainstorming, I think I've come up with a really good idea:

  • I will write 3-5 things I like about myself (body, personality, etc) on post-its
  • Affix said post-its on my closet door, which I happen to see every morning when I get ready and every evening before I go to bed

I think those are solid ideas to work on this week.

As for my Non-Scale Victory for this week, I'm really proud of the fact that I tried not one but TWO new recipes this week that I've never made before. Speaking of which, I plan to make a round-up post next Tuesday with all of the recipes I've tried over the past six weeks or so. I'm super excited about this because I can't wait to share the recipes I've made. For someone as inept at cooking as I am, they recipes are incredibly easy to make that don't call for a ton of ingredients that I feel anyone could them.

No comments:

Post a Comment