Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Weekly Weigh-In [10/48]

Another week has come & gone, part of it felt very long as I dealt with some personal health issues that I needed to address. (Thankfully nothing to be concerned about right now.) As I mentioned in my Weekend Wrap-Up post, I didn't do very well but I did stick to plan from Sunday through today. Even when I dealt with anxiety and sadness today, I coped with the feelings by getting outside of my work place to get some fresh air. It helps.

Throughout this past week, I admittedly fell behind on the goal(s) I made for myself last week. Coming up with 3-5 things that I liked about myself and/or my body proved to be quite difficult, mostly because my health issues made me feel very down about myself throughout the week. I'm hoping that the emotional roller-coaster I seem to be on goes up sometime during this upcoming week because, well, my mood has no reason not to go up. (As a side, I really am doing well emotionally. I'm in a happy place a majority of the time. It's just a combination of a few things happening in different areas of my life that are bringing me down. It's also raining which isn't helping much.)

Anyways, I thought I'd share some of the things I came up with throughout the week that I like about myself. I don't have the lists in front of me, so these aren't word-for-word but you'll get the idea...

  • I used to barely fit into a size 22 for pants but now I wear a size 10/12 (ten sizes down)!
  • Even though I'm VERY forgetful, I've learned to cope with this by keeping LOTS of lists
  • Exercise has become part of my daily routine these days and I feel weird if I don't get in some sort of activity. I could not be more proud of myself for becoming so active.
  • I have a great jaw-line/defined face shape; no more pudgy face these days
  • I cope with my anxiety much better these days and have much less anxiety on a daily basis compared to just a few years ago

So that's just a glimpse of some of the things I wrote for the week. I'm really proud of myself for even just remembering to jot down a few things for part of the week when I was feeling more down than usual.

My non-scale victory for the week is that I've portioned out all of the snacks in the house I would easily eat the whole bag. It's not much but when I want to have options around the house, I definitely have to divvy the snacks into smaller portion sizes as soon as possible. So, huzzah for me!

I think I'm only going to make one goal this week to work on: focus on staying on plan during the weekend. I have some plans on Thursday & Friday that will keep me out of the house more than usual. Then I have a list of tasks I want to do around the house on both days as well that will hopefully keep me occupied. I've also planned out when I will eat my meals on Thursday & Friday (since I get hungry after a good work-out AND I get hungry every 3-4 hours if I don't eat any sort of a snack). Of course, I've pre-tracked my meals for those days too, which will hopefully help me with staying on plan.

On Saturday my only hurdle will be going out to the movies with my boyfriend. There are so~ many movies coming out in March that I'm anxious to see! We're planning on seeing Mr. Peabody & Sherman in theaters after I get out of work on Saturday. I have an idea to make some popcorn (either microwaveable or air-popped) and take some in a zip-lock baggie to the movie. The only reason why I wouldn't do that is if I'm not hungry before we go but I might still make up a baggie anyways just in case!

No comments:

Post a Comment