Sunday, March 9, 2014

Weekend Wrap-Up 05

Once again I had another rough weekend. It wasn't as bad as others but I seem to be in this habit of eating snacks without tracking them BEFORE I eat them. I think that might be the key thing work on next week as part of my mini-goals. If that doesn't help then I may take the advice of my personal trainer and leave a notebook out in the kitchen to make myself write down what I'm eating before I actually consume it.

On Thursday, Friday, AND Saturday, I went over my WW points by quite a few. I went over the most on Thursday by using 14 additional points. It was mainly from snacking and having a package of delicious organic peanut butter cups in the house (which I shouldn't have bought because once I open a package of two, I can't have just one). I went over by 10 points on Friday again from buying chocolate that shouldn't have bought. At the very least the chocolate was in smaller portions that I would likely buy again if I could just buy one portioned package. I also went over points on Friday no thanks to a bag of BBQ chips that I had already portioned out but decided not to wait until later on in the week to have them. Blah.

I went over points Saturday night too because my boyfriend decided to take me out on a date to Bahama Breeze. The good news is that I wouldn't have gone over points if I wasn't crazing white chocolate so bad. I actually I would have been much better if I didn't crave chocolate at all throughout my entire weekend. However, cravings are a thing and they can often be my weakness. It's mostly a matter of learning how to control my cravings by having one small portion of what I'm craving instead of having lots of it available to me.

The good news is that it's Sunday and I'm back on plan. If you noticed that I only talked about going over WW points for Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, it would be because when I know I'm going to go over my allotted calories for the day (even with extra exercise calories), I tend to not track those foods. It makes me sad to see my calories go in the red, negative zone for a day using My Fitness Pal.

I feel like I just need to get my brain back in the game here. The first week I decided I wasn't going to let a number on a scale define me, it came so naturally to me to just make healthy choices, eat healthy serving sizes, and continue to stay active. I think I expected that same feeling to come naturally to me again this week. On Thursday, Friday, and Saturday, I would go to bed thinking that it was okay I didn't do great that day because I would wake up and the feeling I had two weeks ago would come back naturally to me when I woke up.

This weekend has just been another reminder to me that the best, most important things in life do not come easy. It's about hard work -- mentally, physically, and emotionally. Yes, this is a lifestyle change and not a diet but if I'm not willing to put in the hard work & effort to re-vamp the way I've been thinking and feeling for the past 20 years of my life, then I can expect changes to happen. The physical part of my lifestyle changed has happened as I work out 6-7 days a week. Now it's about learning how to cope with emotions I may feel WITHOUT the aid of food and changing the way my brain thinks about about food (this a long list).

No comments:

Post a Comment