Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Troublesome Tuesday

Without going into too much detail, I'm going through a really rough time right now emotionally. I've spent the past two days wallowing in my sadness because society thinks it's okay to do so. But you know what? It's not. The idea of it's okay to overindulge because you're feeling a sad is a toxic concept. It's partially the reason I've had all of this weight to lose in the first place.

Plus, add those two days on top of the overindulging Saturday that I've had and I'm almost afraid to weigh in tomorrow.

So with that being said, I've found that in similar situations in the past, it's helpful to write down clear-cut yet realistic goals to help me focus on the important aspects of my weight loss journey. These goals go into affect today and I need to stick by them for the next few days, weeks, or even months as I'm sure my emotions will only go downhill from here.

  • Continue drinking copious amounts of water
  • Increase my protein intake by substituting one of my snacks for a Greek yogurt cup
  • NO BUYING CHOCOLATE IN LARGE QUANTITIES; I will eat through an entire bag of chocolate if I do, so the most I can buy chocolate is in quantities of three
  • Ice cream is okay but only in small cups (whether is eating ice cream out some place or needing a night in to wallow -- Skinny Cow cups are the best)
  • Continue working out as usual -- the good news is that I've realized going to the gym is my hobby that can keep me busy for up to 2+ hours (which includes working out and then showering afterwards)
  • No buying chips in big bags/with a lot of serving sizes; stick to my "Do Not Buy" list of foods
  • ALWAYS grab for a piece of fruit when I think I might be "hungry"
  • Tea is my friend; I will drink it at night or whenever I can to help with coping
  • On warm days, go on walks outside to soak up natural Vitamin D

I think that about covers most of the important things I want to remember. I'm also thinking about making a playlist of happy songs/music to listen to during walks outside. If anyone has any suggestions for upbeat songs, feel free to leave a comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment