Thursday, February 20, 2014

Weekly Weigh-In [7/48]

I opted to not weigh-in this week. It's something you can do when you feel you've had a rough week and I'm honestly glad that I did it. I had a couple of bad days that weren't over the weekend and I can't pinpoint what caused them. My week wasn't rough emotionally -- I wasn't stressed or sad or overwhelmed. I was just... me.

The meeting topic at Weight Watchers this week was how to stay on plan over the weekends. I definitely struggle with being 110% honest with myself over the weekend but this blog is helping, for which I'm thankful. I've already got my weekend planned out to the best of my ability:

  • Today I kept myself busy with going to the gym, going out to the movies with a friend, cooking some meals for the week, and doing three loads of laundry.
  • I didn't buy a small bag of Goldfish Puffs when I had the chance earlier -- something I would've taken with me on Friday to have as a late-night snack on Friday night. Instead I'm going to take a 2pt+ bag of sea-salt popcorn or another 2pt+ snack bag with me.
  • I already have Saturday's meals planned out -- no more having zero idea what I'm having for dinner Saturday night. I'm hoping this helps me stay on track and helps us save some money.
  • I will allow myself to have a snack on Saturday night, for which I have saved some points. I may go over my daily points/calories for the day but 1) I will definitely be getting in a good cardio work-out that morning; and 2) Saturday is the only day I have in mind that I will go over my daily points, possibly into my weekly 49 points.

I'm really proud of myself for having a better game plan for this weekend and I'm considering the above points to be my goals for the week. However, I'm also going to be making a few changes:

  1. I'm going to be switching my meeting from Thursdays to Wednesdays. It will be at the same time (9:30am) but Wednesdays work better for my schedule.
  2. I want to try not finding out how much I weigh until the end of each month (so I will find out next week but I'm waiting until the end of March to find out the number again).

My reasoning for the second is change is because one of two things happen when I find out each week how I did with my weight journey. I either become quite defeated & frustrated OR I become overly confident and I think I can treat myself because I did so good. I have to admit that those are a bit extreme and I'm usually pretty good not going to one extreme or the other. However I've heard so much about how I should not let myself be defined by a number. It's very hard for me not to do so since seeing my weight go down (or up) is what helps me see my progress but it can also be harmful for my journey.

I want to continue tracking 110% on both Weight Watchers and My Fitness Pal (because the latter helps me keep in check how many fruits & veggies I eat in a day). I will still be blogging about I do over the weekends and how I did throughout the week. I'm hoping that putting out there the fact that I just randomly ate food Tuesday & Wednesday night with no rhyme or reason will snap me out of whatever addiction or problem I have with food. It's hard but it's the truth.

Anyways, as I said I will only be trying this method of only finding out my weight once a week. I'm going to put my scale away at home, too. I want my journey to be more about how I feel about myself (inside and out). I want my journey to be about the improvements I make in my food choices -- how much I eat and what I choose to eat. I want my journey to be about being healthy in all ways. So here's to hoping that my clothes start to feel looser in a month or two because I think that will be my only gauge.

I plan to still post Non-Scale Victories every week because I like seeing the small progresses I make in ways other than the number on the scale. For this week, my NSV is that I lengthened my planks from 20 seconds to 25 seconds! Let me tell you, planks are more difficult than you would think.

No comments:

Post a Comment