Monday, February 24, 2014

Weekend Wrap-Up 03

This past weekend was quite possibly the best weekend I've had in awhile as far as tracking and staying on plan goes. I think what has helped is the shift in my focus from worrying about my weight (having a gain or a loss) as oppose to just focusing on what I'm eating and how much I'm eating on a daily basis. I feel much more at ease knowing that I won't be finding out what the scale says every week.

With that being said, I did great Thursday & Friday. I ate all of my 26 points+/my targeted calories for the day without going over. I didn't feel like I needed to eat anymore than my daily allotted points+/calories for those days either. Looking back on Friday though, I might have been able to make somewhat better meal choices: I basically skipped breakfast and instead had a brunch, then I had a deliciously filling dinner, but I ended up having quite a lot of points+/calories left for the day. I opted to have a large bowl of air-popped popcorn though which counts as a power food for Weight Watchers. So even though I had a big snack with a lot of points/calories, I at least felt satisfied that it was a smart/healthy snack.

I had another pretty good day on Saturday. Instead of waiting to have dinner when I got home from work after 8pm, I opted to take my lunch and dinner to work like I normally would on a typical work day for me. In the past, Saturdays have been the exception to this rule in hopes of getting to spend time with my boyfriend by going out for a nice meal. However, I figured that we could spend just as much quality time and save a bit of money by skipping the dinner out on Saturday nights. This past Saturday night I ended up taking a late-night nap no thanks to the huge headache I had (but at least it saved me from any potential over-eating I may have done). I would have only eaten my daily allotted points but I opted to have two pieces of chocolates from the box that my boyfriend bought earlier in the day. And you know what? I'm proud of myself because I stopped at 2 pieces of chocolates, feeling satisfied enough with only eating two pieces.

Sunday was a bit of a different sort of day for me. I had work like I usually do but I happened to catch by boyfriend on my hour dinner break who was free enough to grab a bite to eat with me at a nearby restaurant. Since I had already packed my dinner for the evening, I told him to pick out the place he wanted to go so I could opt to just drink a soda. This plan mostly worked. I did end up nibbling a little bit on the burrito he got to eat but it certainly wasn't a lot. I had enough points/calories that I made sure to track what I had eaten while we were out as soon as I returned from my hour break.

My other hang-up on Sunday was late that evening after I was home. For some reason I still wanted to snack and munch on something. I ended up going over my daily points+ target by for 4pts+ which wasn't too bad considering how well I had done for the overall weekend.

So I'm really, really happy with how well this weekend went for me. I can only hope that I can keep up the effort all future weekends to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment