Monday, February 10, 2014

Let me introduce you to my blog...

As you can read in my sidebar, I started my weight loss journey in April of 2011 by joining Weight Watchers [WW]. When I started I weighed 242lbs and I easily lost over 75lbs in my first year of WW. Then I started to plateau because I had not truly broken most of my old habits. At some point between 2012 and 2013, I sort of lost my motivation to keep my journey going. I'm happy to say that I didn't completely back-track! I've still lost 75lbs and I'm incredibly proud of myself for keeping that much weight off.

However, it's now 2014 and I still have 40lbs to lose. Last April I traveled abroad to London and Paris because I've an Anglophile for many, many years. With the trip out of the way (during which I splurged because, oh hey -- foreign cuisine!), I feel like I can finally make it to my goal with smaller hurdles to overcome (e.g., the upcoming trip to California in October with my boyfriend). I've been thankful thus far that posting my weight loss/gain on Facebook has been a huge help but I think it's time to take it one step further with this blog.

A few things to note. I weigh in Thursday mornings at Weigh Watchers (my meetings are at 9:30am with Tracy, my Leader from the start of my journey). My plan for this blog is to make two posts a week: 1) a Weekend Wrap-Up post to hold me accountable for what I eat over the weekend; and 2) a Weekly Weigh-In post to write about how my week went, make a few weekly goals for myself, and post my weight loss. With any luck, all of this will help keep me on track. Periodically I want to re-visit my goals that you'll see below and see how I'm doing to meet those goals. I may also throw in some other random posts to share favorite recipes or meals, product reviews, etc. Who knows!

With all of that being said, I made it my HUGE 2014 New Year's Resolution to reach my goal weight of 125lbs. Since this is such a big goal, I broke it down into little pieces with lots of goals to meet to hopefully help me accomplish my resolution. At this point I feel like it's easier to throw in some stats and then copy + paste my 1½ page list of goals.

★My 2014 goal is to lose 40lbs in 48 weeks★
The Math: 40lbs ÷ 48 weeks = need to lose approximately 0.85lbs per week
Starting Weight as of April 2011: 242.6lbs
Starting Weight as of 1/1/2014: 165.8lbs
Current Weight: 161.2lbs
Pounds Lost in 2014: 4.6lbs (as of week 5 of 48)
Total Pounds Lost thus far: 81.4lbs

Fitness Routine

  • Continue to meet with a personal trainer every 4-6 weeks
  • Continue doing work-routines from my personal trainer at least 2 days per week
  • Cardio!!!
    • At least 4 times a week (ideally 5 times) for at least 30 minutes (ideally 40-60 minutes) of either elliptical*, stationary bike*, treadmill, arc trainer, biking, etc.
    • HIIT = High Intensity Interval Training
      • Elliptical = 2 minutes at baseline, 1 minute fast
      • Stationary bike = 1 minute baseline, 2 minutes fast
    • On my days off from the gym/working out, do at least 30-45 minutes of walking (or other cardio activity), even if it means breaking this time up into 15 minute segments (this will probably occur on the weekends)
      • Saturdays = 30 minute walk during 1-hour break (at least)
      • Sundays = 30-45 minute walk or hike with Tom OR by myself by leaving for work 1 hour early
  • Take a fitness class either once a month or every other month
    • Options: jazzercise, kick-boxing, zumba, spin class, water aerobics, etc.
    • Find links/locations online for these options
Healthy Eating/Food
  • Continue tracking food with Weight Watchers
  • Only use weekly 49 points for special occasions (date nights with Tom, outings with friends or family, etc.) → i.e., I will not use my weekly 49 points on Friday/Saturday nights for snacking alone just because I don’t weigh in for another 5-6 days
  • This is not about sacrificing the foods that I love → I will find alternative foods and/or healthier recipes for foods that I am craving
  • This is not about feeling deprived → When I am hungry, I will have veggies for a snack with a glass of water; if that doesn’t work, I will have a piece of fruit; if I’m still hungry after that, then I will have a high-protein snack (such as PB2)
  • I will continue to buy a limited amount of pre-packaged/single-serve foods that I crave for chocolate/cheese/salty/ice cream cravings so the option is there
  • I will continue my Do Not Buy/Weakness Foods List
  • Find/narrow down 3-4 recipes to try throughout the month; aim to try and make at least new meal every other week
  • Buy a weekly calendar in order to make menus
  • Try at least one new veggie or one new method of eating/preparing veggies every month
  • Keep reducing the amount of gluten I consume; exceptions including old fashion oats, whole grain pasta (limit), whole grain breads (limit), some cereals (Fiber One, Cheerios), whole grain rice products (quinoa, barely)
Make It Known
  • Make an album on Facebook of Before/After pictures with my Starting Weight, Current Weight, and Goal Weight
  • Write on the wipe board on Tom’s fridge how much I have left to lose
  • Print out Before/Current pictures and put them around Tom’s house (as well as mostly on the fridge)

No comments:

Post a Comment