Friday, February 14, 2014

Fitness Fridays

The idea for this post came to me while I was working out at home yesterday during Snow Storm Pax. I'm not going to commit to making fitness posts regular -- these are the type of random posts I mentioned in my introductory post.

When I found out about the huge snow storm that was supposed to hit the East Coast on Thursday (yesterday), I decided to get all of my usual Thursday errands completed so I could spend all of Thursday hunkered down indoors relaxing. (For those wondering, I work Saturdays through Wednesdays with Thursdays & Fridays being my weekend.) I was really looking forward to relaxing on Thursday which I hardly ever do since I always keep myself booked up with grocery shopping, Weight Watchers meeting, meal prep for the upcoming week, getting together with friends, etc.

However on Wednesday I stumbled upon a cardio Bollywood work-out video on Weight Watcher's homepage. It was then that I realized that I didn't have to go a day without working out. I could work-out without leaving the house!

After sleeping in to catch up on some much-needed rest, I made a deliciously different brunch that consisted of a PB2 banana wrap using a 1pt+/50-calorie corn tortilla, diet hot chocolate with mini peppermint marshmallows, and Yoplait Key Lime greek yogurt. I love when I get a chance to change up my routine and have a special/different meal!

Then I started with the 15-Minute Cardio-Abs Bollywood Workout on the Weight Watchers episode. It was fun for the dance part of the routine but I had a bit of trouble following some of the other exercises.

Since the internet at my house was lagging a bit, I decided to see what Comcast Xfinity On Demand might offer for work-out videos. I was in luck! There are TONS of work-out videos On Demand, nearly 200 of them! I really recommend checking out your cable company's work-out videos, especially if you have Comcast because there's huge range of work-out videos. I decided to try one of the kick-boxing videos which I personally loved because I'm a big fan of kick-boxing. Following along might have been easier for me simply because I've gone to a few kick-boxing classes before but again this is something I would recommend trying out.

Aside from the video work-outs, I also did some push-ups, squats, and planks. Oh! And before I even began working out, I helped clean snow off the cars as well as shovel a bit which was much harder than it looked.

All in all, I think I worked out for about 45 minutes and surprisingly work up a sweat. I earned 3 APs which is nothing compared to the 9 APs that I earned yesterday. Too bad my weeks restart on Thursday!

Eating-wise I didn't do terribly today despite being stuck in the house. My biggest downfall was a bag of salty corn tortilla chips (Tostitos this time). I should not have even bought a bag of them but oh, well. I didn't go through the whole bag which is good. I pointed everything else I ate honestly, keeping within my 26 daily points+ but going over caloric intake on My Fitness Pal. I could have done much worse so I'm fairly proud of myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment