Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Weekly Weigh-In [13/48]

Happy April!

I haven't weighed in yet this week but I know for sure that I probably did not lose weight. At some point throughout the week, I did peek at my weight loss to see how I've been doing and I can say that I've stayed about the same. Am I disappointed that I'm not losing the weight like I planned at the beginning of the year? Yes. However, this has definitely become less of a journey about getting to my goal weight by the end of 2014 and more about changing the way I see my body/body image as well as my relationship with food (changing it from unhealthy to healthy, slowly but surely).

With that being said, I've had a really rough last two weeks. As I mentioned in my last post, I've been dealing with some personal problems and my life has been turned upside (or right-side up, I'm not quite sure yet). I've hit some really bad lows but things seem to be on the upswing as I've been experiencing lots of great moments lately. However, with these personal problems/situations, it's also mean that my routine has been messed up and I'm learning how to cope. I find that when I have a Good Life Routine, then eating well is VERY easy. But when I lose some sense of routine -- which I foresee happening in the upcoming weeks -- then I lose my ability to do well on my eating plans because I have learn how to eat well within those means/spaces.

I'm sure a lot of what I just said made NO sense what-so-ever. Basically I foresee myself having difficulties in the next few weeks or even months as my life goes through very unexpected changes. As much as I want to lose weight and do great on plan, I can't promise that will happen. I do have some ideas as to what I can do to help me in the upcoming weeks though...

  • On week days (when I work), I will very carefully monitor AND track what I eat honestly. These will be the days that I do my absolute BEST on plan -- stay within my daily points+/calorie target, sleep at least 6 hours a night, continue my work-out regimes, etc.
  • When it's my weekend or I have plans to be out of my home, I will do my very best to plan ahead and make the smartest eating choices that I possibly can make. I will also track honestly these days, even if it means back-tracking (example: tracking Tuesday on Wednesday because I didn't have enough time on Tuesday to track).
  • Stop buying anything on my Do Not Buy list. This is a big one because I definitely didn't adhere to it for the past two weeks. My space at home is cleaned though. I've moved snacks that would be weaknesses out of my space. I don't have any snacks that aren't in individual snack bags and I plan to buy some WW snacks that are in snack bags because I just don't have the time or energy to weigh out snacks right now.

I think those are my biggest things to remember and adhere to for the upcoming weeks/months.

My Non-Scale Victory for the week is that I slept quite a bit Thursday night into Friday morning (actually, afternoon). I know this may not seem like a NSV to some people but my sleeping habits have been thrown completely off no thanks to the emotional roller coaster my life has been lately. If there was one thing I'd like to work on this week, it would be to work having better sleep habits again. Right now the best thing would be for me to move my cell phone to across the room at night so I don't have it as a distraction keeping me up late at night. I've already started working on this but I think I'll keep working on it as my work schedule goes back to what I'm used to starting Sunday (I'm working an 8am-5pm first shift for this week only but I go back to working 3pm to midnight).

No comments:

Post a Comment