Sunday, April 27, 2014

Weekend Wrap-Up 08

Another weekend has come & gone. I have to say that it was a marked improvement compared to the last 3-4 weekends. I stayed on plan and tracked about... 95% of the food I ate. Obviously the key is to continue improving until I'm tracking 100% -- no, 110% of everything that I eat when (or before OR slightly after) I eat something. I've upped my game when it comes to tracking Weight Watchers by tracking not only my food with points but also my power foods, most of which has zero points. I've also been really good about keeping up with checking off my daily Good Health Guidelines throughout the day. The only day I didn't meet all of my daily GHGs was Friday.

A few new things I discovered this weekend include:

  • The salad toppings at Chick-Fil-A that I mentioned in another post are 2 points+ for a small bag of mixed nuts and 1 points+ for a small bag of mixed granola; I gave the nuts to some else and enjoyed the small treat on top of my salad
  • Chick-Fil-A sells mini sundaes which are 5 WW points+ AND adorable; it's really not bad if you're looking for a special treat
  • Five miles really isn't long or far as one might think
  • Getting cavities drilled/filled can make eating crunchy fruits or veggies (e.g. apples, pears, and carrots) rather unpleasant
  • When you go to Saladworks and they ask if you want a white or wheat roll, you can ask for something completely different in place of a roll such as apple slices!

I'm pretty excited about all of the new things I learned this weekend, except for the last one for obvious reasons.

I ended my weekend today by participating in a 5-mile walk for March of Dimes. It was a last minute, spur-of-the-moment decision to participate in when a friend of mine asked if I'd like to join her for the walk this morning. I've never done a proper 5k, let alone a 5-mile walk but I have walked for some fairly long distances before. Two years ago, I was also walking 3-3.5 miles almost every other day during the spring and summer months in hopes of becoming more of a runner. Since then I've learned that my body just not built for running (knee problems, flat feet, and my back often hurts). So my friend & I walked the entire 5 miles which I was perfectly fine with because I felt I could do 5 more miles once we were done!

In any case, I hope to do more 5ks or similar walks in the near future, whether they be for good causes or just for fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment