Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Weekly Weigh-In #14

Last night I ended my week on a not-so-good note yet somehow I managed to lose 0.2lbs this morning. I'm not letting this go to head though! In fact, I'm getting my head back into my journey and going back to tracking 100%, even if that means taking a break from tracking on My Fitness Pal so I focus just on Weight Watchers.

Although I ended my week on a bad note last night, the motivation to go to The Wizarding World of Harry Potter definitely made me pause and think about my actions (what I was buying that I was inevitably going to eat later) before doing them. So, I feel certain that the motivation of this trip is going to help.

(Yes, I did admit to being "bad" and eating a bag of chips -- but I'm human. It's about progress, not perfection. Almost everyone has slip-ups, you just have to learn from them and work harder to not repeat them.)

I'm giving myself one goal to work on this week: TRACK HONESTLY. I want to also focus on what I'm eating as I'm hoping to move towards clean eating. At the moment I have some reading/research to do on clean eating before I can commit to that sort of an eating lifestyle. However, it sounds like "clean eating" varies from person to person. I think it's all about finding what works for you, your schedule, and your way of living.

I do plan to go back to looking at my weight loss or gain for each week. I'm not saying I'll do this every week but it's what helps me monitor how I'm doing every week. I need to learn how to not let gains or losses affect how I'm thinking about the program though. A gain does not mean I should give up all hope or wallow in my disappointment/frustration/sadness of gaining. A loss should not mean I should treat myself with food or that I can splurge every week just because I splurged that week and still ended up losing. The number on the scale should just be ONE of the indicators of how I'm following the program, not the ONLY indicator. I should follow the program because it works and it's what will get me to my goal weight eventually.

My NSV for the week was going out to a Social for my Scottish Country Dance class. It was TONS of fun and I'm so glad I went despite my hesitancy to go in the first place. Even though I arrived to the Social late and sat out for a few of the dances as soon as I arrived, I was eventually kindly coerced into participating in the last few dances of the evening. Although half of the people there were from my SCD class, the other half was made up of unfamiliar faces that had obviously been doing Scottish Country Dancing for quite some time. Needless to say, as a beginner dancer still learning the fancy footwork of Scottish Country Dancing, I was nervous about dancing with others. Thankfully everyone was very nice and incredibly sweet about dancing with students. Plus, there was a live band playing fantastic Scottish music!

No comments:

Post a Comment