Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Weekly Weigh-In #15 (week of 4/16-4/22)

Since I started this journey in 2011, I've looked at every pound lost as another step towards the new person I was becoming (mostly in the physical sense, but if I happen to change otherwise then hopefully it would be for the better). Therefore, every pound gained became a step backwards and I always felt defeated when I back-tracked in my weight loss journey. This morning I took 4.5 steps backwards. I could not have been more upset or more frustration this morning during my Weight Watchers meeting as I sat there thinking about how much weight I gained.

However, I weighed in today knowing that I would have a gain -- I guess I just didn't expect it to be that big of a gain even though I really should have anticipated it. I wanted to weigh in so I could own all of the mistakes and I indulgences I made this week so I can learn for future weeks to come. I had yet another rough week, making it a rough month (four weeks total), and while there's no excuse for the bad food choices I've made, that doesn't mean I'm going to throw in the towel. There are people who often say that failure is not an option when it comes to their weight loss journey. If failure meant every pound they gained, then I would have given up a long time ago. For me, giving up is NOT an option.

While I hate to become that person who seems to waiver far too much on their WW plan and their weight becomes a roller coaster, sometimes the pressure of things can have the exact opposite affect that you want. When I started this journey three years ago, I felt very relaxed about the whole thing. All of the life/food changes I was making were drastic ones compared to the way I was eating before. It was easy for me to lose despite going into my extra points+ for the week. Now I think to I have to just work harder because the most rewarding things in life don't come easy.

So with that, I plan to shift all of my focus back to Weight Watchers. I will still track on MFP to keep in check my fruit (aka carb) intake but I'm going to go back to doing every single thing that I'm supposed to do for WW. This will include:

  • T R A C K E V E R Y T H I N G
  • Check off my daily Good Health Guidelines (GHGs) as I complete them in a day (eight 8-oz glasses of water, 2 servings of milk/dairy, 2 healthy oils, and 5-7 servings of fruits & veggies, multi-vitamin, and at least 30-60 minutes of physical activity)
  • Update my daily WW reminders (I have them on my phone to remind me throughout the day to track my food and check off my GHGs)

If there was going to be one other thing I'd add to my list of mini-goals to work on for the week it would be to believe in myself. There are times when I simply feel I will never lose these last 40lbs. It seems completely unattainable and unrealistic for me to think it's possible. However, I've joined more communities (mostly on Facebook) that have many inspiring weight loss stories of people who have lost much more than I will have lost total by the time I reach my goal weight. I just have to remind myself that if they can lose that much weight, then I can definitely do the same. It's possible as long as I believe in myself and stick to plan without faltering or giving up.

My NSV for the week is that I discovered the hill mode on the stationary bikes at the gym. It doesn't seem like much but figuring out how to make the bike push me on varying degrees of difficult with hill mode means that I can give my body a slight rest when I need it the most (especially this week). Often I find that when I have a headache, I still want to be active and move my body but having my head bob up & down on the elliptical or my feet hitting the pavement/treadmill track can only intensify my headache. Using a stationary bike is a good compromise that will allow me to work up a sweat without aggravating my head!

No comments:

Post a Comment